I hate winter. After Christmas, there really doesn't seem any point in it being so cold and wet and dark. We've already passed the Autumn Equinox and our heating goes on next week, so winter is coming. But ever the optimist, I'm trying to think of things I do like about this time of year.
- No wasps, flies, fleas, maggots or other general nasty creepy-crawlies making the cat bowl smell bad or scaring the children.
- Being able to have warm, dry towels in the bathroom, courtesy of the radiator.
- Good stuff on TV. The winter schedule is so much better than the summer offerings.
- Christmas. I love it so much I'm already halfway through the Christmas shopping.
- Dreaming of the day when I won't have to face winter again. Roderic and I plan to be snowbirds during our retirement, with a winter residence in Florida.
- Not having to mow the lawn or, in a similar vein, shave my legs.
Nope, that's all I can think of. Except to reiterate that I can look forward to my new book in February...